In addition to the measures put in place across all of Ludlow Street Healthcare’s services which you can read by clicking here:
- As community-based activities have now had to be cancelled due to the closure of these facilities and the generalised lock down of groups in public places, the College is now offering low risk walks through the privately-owned fields to the adjacent beach and back.
- Although there have had to be changes made to some aspects of the College provision, we are continuing to offer as much consistency as we can to ensure that students remain positively engaged in activities; whether they be day students social distancing at home with their families or residential students who continue to attend classes.
What the students are getting up to:
- Ours students have worked together to make a mahoosive egg-shaped Happy Easter message for family and friends.
- As we’re all washing our hands so much at the moment a soap making workshop seemed a perfect activity
- Making chocolate nests and apple pies proved popular, see the picture gallery for instructions
- One of the students has been working super hard in the polytunnel getting ready for Summer. So far he has planted tomatoes, beans, strawberries, blackcurrants and blueberries. Then outside he already has some Cauliflowers on the way.
- Students created a virtual art gallery to celebrate World Autism Week and raised over £100 for Autism Wellbeing Cymru
- The College students were very excited to be asked to provide ‘home activity packs’ for local children in conjunction with Sully Hub. They put together puzzles, colouring books, activities, and crafts to keep the children busy.
- SG and his team made a huge ‘stay home, stay safe’ rainbow poster to go outside the College.
- Students have been planning their own movies around the new hygiene and social distancing rules. Students have gone through planning and prop making phases and are now presenting their movies. We are loving the movies the day students are sending in from home.
- At a time when a lots of people are feeling very anxious, some of the students came up with their own visual calm poem