Learning Support Assistant, Beechwood College
- Location: Barry
- Salary: £13,466
- Hours: 33.45 over 38 weeks
We have an exciting opportunity for two Learning Support Assistants to join a well-established team at Beechwood College.
Beechwood College is a Specialist Education and Residential Care service for young people over the age of 16 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and associated complex needs, including behaviours that can challenge.
Whilst an LSA-related qualification is desirable, it is not essential. Support will be given once in role to gain all relevant qualifications.
As a Learning Support Assistant you will provide education and organisational support to lecturers in planning, monitoring, assessing and managing learning activities, guide students during structured and non-structured sessions and assist each student to achieve their full potential.
You will work alongside staff from the Residential and Clinical teams, where appropriate, to support the inclusion of all students, encouraging them to become independent learners and to provide support for their welfare.
You will need to have energy and enthusiasm as well as the ability to use your initiative to support learning and behaviour in creative ways. We are seeking to recruit candidates with real passion and commitment to join an expanding, successful education and healthcare organization.
In addition to the salary, we will also offer you:
- preformance-related opportunities to increase salary further
- opportunities to access regular overtime bonuses
- 21 days’ annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Extensive training, both when you join and as you progress your career
- Opportunities to develop your career and take on new roles
- Membership of our Employee Assistance Programme
Back to all jobs