Medical Secretary- Heatherwood Court
- Location: Pontypridd
- Salary: £21,000
- Closes: 07/02/2022
- Hours: 37.5
To provide high quality and efficient administrative and secretarial services to the department. Ludlow Street Healthcare are looking for a highly organised and positive induvial with at least two years of relevant experience, preferable within a healthcare environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
Full time 37.5 hours.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide a high quality secretarial and administrative service for the Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team to ensure efficiency in patient care.
- Record and prepare draft minutes of meetings, specifying decisions made and follow up action required for subsequent approval by the Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team.
- Transcribe, type and proofread reports, correspondence, forms etc. of a specialized and confidential nature, interpreting administrative policies and decisions and preparing reports as requested.
- Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- To provide audio and/or copy typing using the Patient Administration System.
- Deal with telephone and face to face enquiries from all staff groups, patients, relatives, carers; provide information, direct and prioritise queries as appropriate, transcribing and relaying messages accurately and in a timely manner to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To prioritise workload to ensure completion of work.
- Prepare daily appointment schedule for supervisor; make and confirm appointments; receive and schedule visitors; arrange meetings as required.
- Appoint Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team referrals to appropriate clinic or arranging admissions to facilitate the patient journey.
- Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
- Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team patient files, ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage Consultant/Associate Specialist/Team mail, responding where appropriate and directing/prioritising to assist in the efficiency of the service delivery.
- Monitor supplies and reorder as necessary; type requisitions for supplies and payment invoices.
- To ensure patient confidentiality is observed at all times and abide by the Data Protection Act, logging out of the system after each enquiry.