- Salary: 38,890 -44,723
- Closes: 12.04.2021
- Hours: 37.5
We are looking to recruit a Specialised Occupational Therapist with experience in older persons mental health including complex dementia care and associated neurological conditions. The role will include holding a caseload as well as supervising a small team of Occupational Therapists and Technicians.
St Peters is an expanding service and we are looking for someone with drive and knowledge to lead and implement evidenced based interventions. The team at St Peters also includes Psychologists, Dietetics, Physiotherapy and Speech and Language Therapy. The post holder will be supported through regular supervision and training opportunities to lead the service in line with St Peters pathway of care.
- To provide clinical evidence based Occupational Therapy interventions guided by the client’s and MDT’s goals.
- To develop and implement treatment programmes either in groups or to individuals in close liaison with other disciplines involved in the client’s care, having emphasis on multi-disciplinary teamwork.
- To demonstrate best practice interventions within specialist area and apply a high level of understanding of the effect of disability.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the Occupational Therapy service within St Peters.
- To be involved when appropriate in the assessment of aids/ adaptations to enable the client to improve/ maintain own level of functional daily living skills.
- Practice in accordance with legislation according to your clinical area.
- Ensure that all service users within St Peters have a comprehensive assessment that assists in the planning of their programme based on client’s needs.
- Evaluate and modify interventions using appropriate outcome measures.
Flexible working hours up to 37.5hrsBack to all jobs