- Location: Barry
- Salary: £25,244
- Closes: 29/07/2022
- Hours: 38.5
Practice Leader Beechwood College
Ludlow Street Healthcare is an innovative, rapidly expanding organisation that provides specialist care, education and treatment services for individuals with Autism, learning difficulties, mental health needs and other specialist care requirements.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Practice Leader, based at Beechwood College.
The role involves working shift patterns over a 39.4 hour week inclusive of 14 shifts within a 28 day rota as follows (worked over a 7 day working week inclusive of a minimum of 2 weekends per rota).
The 14 shifts will contain 4 admin days.
- 0745-2000 day Shifts
- 1945 – 0800 night shifts
As a Practice Leader, your role will be:
- To support the Senior Manager Team in the management and development of a high-quality residential resource for young people aged 16-25 within the Beechwood College undertaking delegated supervisory management responsibilities.
- To provide shift leadership to less experienced staff to ensure the development of best resident care practice and optimal outcomes for resident students and young adults.
- Provide handovers to oncoming team members inclusive of inductions for agency staff members.
- Support new staff during their induction periods and assist them to become familiar with their role and the needs of resident students, then feedback via supervision and appropriate reporting processes regarding performance and training requirements to the Deputy Service Manager.
- To oversee the therapeutic and personal care to a group of young people aged between 16-25 living in residential homes within the Beechwood College service.
- Promote the rights of resident students to be treated with dignity and respect in every aspect of their lives
- Ensure the protection of resident students from significant harm in compliance with all national and local safeguarding policies.
Experience and qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate 18 – 24 months of previous experience working the Care sector, however candidates who can demonstrate leadership and shift management experience from other sectors may also be considered where transferable skills can be clearly demonstrated.
- QCF level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or Higher with the intention to progress. Those who hold equivalent qualification in leadership and management from other sectors may also be considered.
- Evidence of leading teams, running shifts and organising staff allocations to tasks
- An enthusiastic leader by example, with a motivational and supportive style
- Has the ability to mentor and encourage others to perform to the best of their ability.
- Customer orientated
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
Back to all jobs