Support Worker, Heatherwood Court
- Location: Pontypridd
- Salary: £17,665 - £20,000
- Closes: 31/03/2020
- Hours: 39.4 hours worked flexibly Monday to Sunday
Do you have an interest in helping those with Mental Health conditions to live with less restriction and greater independence? Are you energetic and enthusiastic, with a desire to make a difference and enrich the lives of others?
At Heatherwood Court, we reflect the Ludlow Street Healthcare belief that everyone entrusted to our care deserves to be treated with dignity, compassion and honesty. A purpose built hospital set in the countryside close to Cardiff, Heatherwood Court provides specialist mental health services to both men and women over the age of 18, offering a wide range of treatment programmes and Therapeutic interventions in line with NICE guidelines and best practise.
As a Support Worker at our centre, you will be required to provide residential and therapeutic care to all patients, many of whom present with significant cognitive problems, challenging behaviour and both physical and psychiatric comorbidities. Your day-to-day support will enable them to achieve greater independence and self-responsibility in preparation for stepping down to community placement and social integration. Working alongside our multidisciplinary team, you will work with respect and integrity to help deliver high quality treatment and rehabilitation to each of our patients, at every stage of their illness.
The normal working week is 39.4 hours worked flexibly Monday to Sunday. Shifts will include days, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
Your benefits will include:
- salary of £17,665 – £20,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
- opportunities to access overtime bonuses
- 21 days’ annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- career succession planning
- extensive training
- overtime bonus
To join our team, you must:
- demonstrate enthusiasm and an innovative approach to enriching our service users’ lives
- have excellent communication skills
- have a desire to learn
- be able to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Interested? Send us your CV…..Back to all jobs