Support Worker, Wentwood Court community home
- Location: Newport
- Salary: £10.10 per hour
- Hours: Flexible hours
Are you caring, energetic, enthusiastic who enjoys working as part of a team? Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? A job you can feel proud of? Then a role as a Support Worker could be just right for you.
Set-up in 2005 and employing c. 1,100 staff, Ludlow Street Healthcare provides innovative, effective, forward-thinking therapeutic care for adults with specialist mental health care needs in its hospitals and homes across South Wales and Bristol.
We are currently recruiting Support Workers for our community home in Langstone, Newport.
You will be part of a small, friendly team, assigned specifically to the home, which aims to improve the lives, self-esteem, and independence of all the service users in their care.
To be considered for this role, experience of working in a similar role in in the care sector would be desirable but is not essential, as we are also looking for people with varied life experience and an empathy for others.
To join our team you must:
- demonstrate enthusiasm and a desire to enrich our service users’ lives
- have a calm, caring approach and be a good listener
- have a desire to learn
- be a team player
- be able to accept that there will be some difficult days but that there will more good days when the sense of achievement you will feel will more than balance this out
- be able to undertake an enhanced DBS check
In addition to the salary, we will also offer you:
- opportunities to access further overtime bonuses
- 21 days’ annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Extensive training, both when you join and as you progress your career
- Opportunities to develop your career and take on new roles
- Membership of our Employee Assistance Programme
Interested? Send us you CV and we will arrange to have a chat.Back to all jobs