Support Worker, Pinetree Court
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £17,971.80 +
- Closes: 31/07/2020
- Hours: 39.4 Hours, Full Time - Flexibly Monday - Sunday
Do you have an interest in helping those with Learning Disabilities and dual diagnosis mental health conditions to live with less restriction and greater independence? Are you energetic and enthusiastic, with a desire to make a difference and enrich the live of others?
Set in the City of Cardiff, Pinetree Hospital is a purpose built hospital providing specialist learning disability services to both men and women.
As a Support Worker at our centre, you will be required to provide residential and therapeutic care to all patients, many of whom present with significant cognitive problems, challenging behaviour and both physical and psychiatric comorbidities. Your day-to-day support will enable them to achieve greater independence and self-responsibility in preparation for stepping down to community placement and social integration. Working alongside our multidisciplinary team, you will work with respect and integrity to help deliver high quality treatment and rehabilitation to each of our patients, at every stage of their illness.
The normal working week is 39.4 hours worked flexibly Monday to Sunday. Shifts will include days, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
Your benefits will include:
- a salary of £17,971.80 + dependent on experience and qualifications
- opportunities to access overtime bonuses
- 21 days’ annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- career succession planning
- extensive training
- overtime bonus
To join our team, you must:
- demonstrate enthusiasm and an innovative approach to enriching our service users’ lives
- have excellent communication skills
- have a desire to learn
- be able to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Interested? Send us your CV…..Back to all jobs