Support Worker – St Peter’s Hospital
- Location: Newport
- Salary: £10.50 per hour
- Hours: 39.4 hours worked flexibly Monday to Sunday
St Peter’s Hospital is part of the wider Ludlow Street Healthcare Group.Set-up in 2005 and employing c. 1,100 staff, Ludlow Street Healthcare provides innovative, effective, forward-thinking therapeutic care for adults with specialist mental health care needs in its hospitals and homes across South Wales and Bristol.
At St Peter’s, we reflect the Ludlow Street Healthcare belief that everyone entrusted to our care deserves to be treated with dignity, compassion and honesty.
As a Support Worker at St Peter’s, you will be required to provide residential and therapeutic care to all patients, many of whom can present with significant cognitive problems, challenging behaviour and both physical and psychiatric comorbidities. Your day-to-day support will enable them to achieve greater independence and self-responsibility in preparation for stepping down to community placement and social integration. Working alongside our multidisciplinary team, you will work with respect and integrity to help deliver high quality treatment and rehabilitation to each of our patients, at every stage of their illness.
The normal working week is 39.4 hours worked flexibly Monday to Sunday. Shifts will include days, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
Your benefits will include:
- opportunities to access overtime bonuses
- 21 days’ annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Extensive training, both when you join and as you progress your career
- Opportunities to develop your career and take on new roles
- Membership of our Employee Assistance Programme
To join our team, you must:
- demonstrate enthusiasm and an innovative approach to enriching our service users’ lives
- have excellent communication skills
- have a desire to learn
- be able to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Please note that this role will require support with personal care.Back to all jobs