As an organisation we are committed to knowledge sharing as the key driver to service improvement.
We have set protocols in place to ensure an effective flow of information across all our teams.
We are also regularly asked to present and share our own findings with our clinical colleagues in the mental health arena, as well as being asked to provide articles and advice in publications aimed at the general public. You can read some of our most recent presentations and articles below.
- Safeguarding mental health whilst juggling home working and childcare during COVID-19, Business News Wales, July 2020
- Covid-19: Top tips on communicating with people with learning disabilities, Learning Disability Wales, June 2020
- Prescribing in borderline personality disorder – the clinical guidelines, Progress in Neurology and Psychiatry May 2020
- The role of neurobehavioural rehabilitation in the management of aggression following TBI, NR Times, Q1 2020
- “Being Born a Little Psychologist” Clinical Psychology Forum Feb 2020
- “It’s not just numbers”: A data-informed approach to reducing restrictive practices. Restraint Reduction Network Conference 2019
- Human Factors & Human Rights. Together for Mental Health 2109
- Short term and long term planning: Providing the right support to people with complex needs and a diagnosis of dementia. Together for Mental Health 2019
- Refocus on Recovery 2019. Supporting Service Users to See their Progress
- Using Data Analytics to improve patient safety oversight in MH & LD settings. RCP BCS conference 2019
- Autism Show 2019. Connection in Communication
- Service User Involvement in the Evaluation and Development of the Pre-Treatment Stage in Psychological Interventions
- Living with dementia. Western Mail Article, Dementia Week 2019
- Supporting Service Users to see their progress. BILD 2019 PBS International Conference
- Mental Health Today Dec 2018. Managing Mental Health difficulties this Christmas
- Research Article 2018: Changing the font size on recovery
- British Psychological Society: Division of Clinical Psychology Annual Conference 2018. Overcoming Barriers for Service User Involvement in Care Planning: The Use of Safety and Support Plans in a Low Secure Setting
- British and Irish Group for the Study of Personality Disorder (BIGSPD) 2018. Service User Involvement in the Evaluation and Development of Pre-treatment Stage in Psychosocial Interventions
- RCN: International Mental Health Nursing Research Conference 2017, Overcoming Barriers for Service User Involvement in Care Planning: The Use of Safety and Support Plans in a Low Secure Setting
- Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in the UK and Ireland 2017. Service User Involvement in the Evaluation and Development of Pre-treatment Stage in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy