In addition to the measures put in place across all of Ludlow Street Healthcare’s services which you can read by clicking here.
From early July Heatherwood reintroduced the option for families to visit service users at the hospital as follows:
- Visits must be outdoors in the hospital grounds, with covered spaces made available.
- All visitors must adhere to the safety protocols: complete the visitor declaration form, have their temperature taken, hand sanitise or handwash and wear face masks throughout the duration of their visit.
- Social distancing must be maintained throughout the visit and service users are risk assessed to ensure that this can maintained.
- All visits have to be booked in advance and are subject to the weather conditions.
However, when local lockdown rules are in force the following amends to leave and visiting arrangements will apply for the period of the lockdown:
- Visits are temporarily suspended. However, visits may be accepted in certain circumstances with approval of the service director.
- Leave from the hospital is permitted provided local lockdown rules are being followed
- Unescorted leave or the use of public transport may not be permitted dependant on the lockdown rules
- Visits by healthcare professionals continue to be permitted.
- Leave from hospital for healthcare appointments or A&E continues to be permitted.