In addition to the measures put in place across all of Ludlow Street Healthcare’s services which you can read by clicking here, in accordance with government guidelines Heatherwood Court has:
- Cancelled all unescorted Section 17 leave
- Cancelled all Section 17 leave with family members
- Limited service users’ external visits to just essential hospital or GP visits.
From early July Heatherwood reintroduced the option for families to visit service users at the hospital as follows:
- Visits must be outdoors in the hospital grounds, with covered spaces made available.
- All visitors must adhere to the safety protocols: complete the visitor declaration form, have their temperature taken, hand sanitise or handwash.
- Social distancing must be maintained throughout the visit and service users are risk assessed to ensure that this can maintained.
- All visits have to be booked in advance and are subject to the weather conditions.
- Face coverings are offered to all visitors.
To compensate we are organising lots of activities to keep everyone active and engaged including daily circuit training around our courtyard!
To ensure that families can still maintain contact we have also been organising regular calls, including video calls.