Purpose-built, Heatherwood Court provides an intermediate step for individuals on a mental health treatment pathway coming from a medium or low secure environment, who need further physical and relational security as well as therapeutic support.
Located in countryside close to Cardiff, Heatherwood Court offers up to 47 beds across four single-gender units.
Opened in 2008, Heatherwood Court provides care, treatment and rehabilitation for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Adults with severe and enduring mental illness requiring a low secure environment
- Male and female mentally disordered offenders requiring a low secure environment
- Women with personality disorders
At Heatherwood our focus is on rehabilitation and recovery. By providing our patients with relationship and life skills, alongside resilience and coping strategies, we promote the emotional stability which can provide the sound foundation needed to make a successful move back into the community.
In addition to nursing and support staff, our Multidisciplinary team of over 150 people also includes
- Clinical and Forensic Psychologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Educational and Work Skills specialists