In addition to the measures put in place across all of Ludlow Street Healthcare’s services which you can read by clicking here, in accordance with government guidelines Pinetree Hospital has:
- Cancelled all unescorted Section 17 leave
- Cancelled all Section 17 leave with family members
- Cancelled all family visits to our services
- Limited service users’ external visits to just essential hospital or GP visits.
To ensure that families can still maintain contact we have been organising regular calls, including video calls.
Despite the restrictions, all the service users are staying active and engaged and here are some lockdown highlights:
- Using plants donated by a local garden centre, service users have been planting up the beds and tubs around the hospital with tulips and primulas
- Service users and staff have been busy preparing for Easter, making cakes and decorations
- One service user who is a keen handyman has been helping to keep Pinetree looking good by painting the rear fence
- Some of the service users couldn’t resist taking advantage of the sunshine to play badminton and hula-a-hoop
- Two service users attempted their own version of Ready Steady Cook, and using the ingredients they found in the fridge came up with chicken goulash
- Another two service users spent the morning washing and vacuuming some of the company vehicles. They enjoyed their morning helping the staff at Pinetree and both said that they were proud of their work.
- Arts and crafts are proving very popular and service users are working on a variety of creative projects
- T enjoyed playing Table Tennis on the table kindly donated to Pinetree by Cardiff Council Sports Development. She said she had a fab time and the sunshine helped.
- The keen gardeners have already planted radishes and tomatoes in the greenhouse
- Other team fitness activities have included football, rounders, and basketball
- Some service users have taken advantage of the extra time they have to work on their bike maintenance skills
- Some of the patients at Pinetree wanted to show their gratitude to the staff for all their hard work and support recently by painting them their own purple rainbow.
- J has worked hard to help replace rotten decking boards and frame in the Sensory Garden and N has been busy painting a flower box for the Cedar Lodge garden.